The driving force behind our philosophy is the desire to support cancer patients to our utmost. To achieve this objective, we pursue the latest scientific findings and supply high-quality products, which we have developed and selected with great care by applying both functional and qualitative criteria.
What makes our products different?
The underlying idea
In the course of human evolution the genes and biochemical features of humans have adapted to the available natural food sources. An adaptation of these genetic and biochemical properties require periods of about 100,000 years.
An extreme change regarding our nutrition took place in its shortest time frame, namely in the last 50 years:
- Unfavourable shift of the omega-3 / omega-6 fatty acid ratio as a result of improper animal husbandry or due to the consumption of corn products.
- High carbohydrate component through the consumption of cereals, flours, pasta, bread and sugar
- Predominantly industrially produced foodstuffs from cheap raw materials using numerous additives and preservatives
More and more research findings and, ultimately also common sense, substantiate the negative impact of these changes in eating habits. Allergies, metabolic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure are so-called lifestyle diseases, which can often be traced back to malnutrition.
The TAVARLIN claim
The wheel of history cannot be reversed. But, traditional raw materials from nature which have stood the test of time can still be used to provide extremely valuable and biologically active phytochemicals – chemical compounds that occur naturally in plants and have protective or disease preventive properties. They are, for example, various ancient cereals such as linseed or hempseeds that used to be part of the everyday diet. This should not have an influence on taste and enjoyment. By using “healthy (low-glycaemic) sugars”, products such as jam and chocolate bars can make an important contribution to a healthy diet.
Besides consumable products, special raw materials such as “healthy” sugar or flour alternatives in combination with fibre-powder make the preparation of many everyday foodstuffs like bread, cake or pizza dough possible taking the individual taste preferences into account. Unlike the usual commercial products, these products set only few biologically available carbohydrates in the form of glucose free, whereby they have a low glycaemic index and provide additional and valuable ingredients such as polyphenols or minerals.
Some of these products are patented – confirmation of the innovation and uniqueness of TAVARLIN foods
Product Philosophy and Value
Our products are fully-fledged and high-quality “Resources for Life” in the sense of Nutrition according to Dr. Coy. In detail, this means:
- Low and slow release of carbohydrates
- More valuable omega-3 fatty acids and medium-chain triglyceride’s (MCT) and less omega-6 fatty acids and relinquishing hydrogenated fats.
- More secondary phytochemicals like polyphenols and fibre from natural sources
- Special vitamins such as tocotrienols from natural oil extracts
- Fermented products as lactate sources to promote deacidification
- Relinquish artificial preservatives
TAVARLIN is certified in accordance with the new European directive since July 2010 (DE-ÖKO-005).
Selection of our partners
Not all our products bear the organic label, but TAVARLIN considers the selection of its partners of the utmost importance, so that you can always know for sure that the ingredients are processed with special care and that as many ingredients as possible come from controlled ecological cultivation.
We prefer partners from Germany or Europe and evaluate suppliers according to the following requirements:
- Love for the product
- Fair trade